Just Clearing My Head

...

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Silently

A quick second for breathing.
Now is the time to begin one of those myriad projects that I told myself I would undertake this summer. All that's missing is the motivation. [Beginning is the most effort-intensive part.]

It's quiet at work today. The forced air presses too hard against the exhaust vent and my mind begins to tune out the resulting din. How many hours have I spent at this very desk, staring at this very computer screen, does it even matter. It no longer affects me, who comes in and out of the front door. It is liberating to say this. I am the one that I want. I am that one.

Virginia Woolf has a way of capturing the bleakness that one only sees in the most abstract recesses of ones' mind, there are no words for these thoughts, how she has done this eludes me. It is a talent that I wish to possess, though not just with bleakness. Fumbling around for words of late. I still don't exactly follow the story of Jacob's Room, but its language is an artwork. It will require a second reading.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home