Just Clearing My Head

...

Sunday, September 12, 2004

We Have a Barrel Full of Wine, and No Cups...

A starry night, cold air, atmosphere soaring up for miles and miles, Orion sleepily crawling ever closer towards his sentinel duty. Tonight my father said, "two years ago today we were on the road, driving you back from Washington." Two years. Is it even possible...?

"Parting is all that we know of heaven, and all that we need of hell."

Feeling so fortunate now to have had safe docking for the time that was allotted me. I'm so tired of burying my feelings for fear of appearing weak or foolish. The future has not been written, and perfection is a fool's gold. The discussion today was about grief, pain, hurt, anguish, fear, anger, feeling....lost. I felt so much, months of the fear and indecison that I haven't allowed myself to embrace, months of coldness, locking myself up in the little tin box in the center of my heart, and I wept, I wept. I will do my best to open that box and abolish it. Feeling so lost, but I'm picking up the trail... the low to give perspective to the high.

and by the way thank you
for keeping your face hidden --
i can hardly bear the beauty of this world.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home