Just Clearing My Head

...

Monday, March 14, 2005

A Relevant Audience.

And so Wednesday it is, the day that might break me, the day that might be the price we pay for this sin of existence. There is a savings account in my soul, and there are certain memories that I deposit into it so that when my spirit starts to jettison I can remember the pride I've felt for simply being here, alive and human, on this earth, and the ability to appreciate the fact that I allow myself to feel pride for it. These past two weeks are in the account, comingling with nights on the deck and late night runs in search of Jaco's ghost, sleepy summer evenings as a ten year old begging for a few minutes more before bed to be spent playing ghost-in-the-graveyard with my sisters and Jon.

Your smile, the frailty of being human, how sometimes in the morning my only hope is that you'll pull me closer and never let go, how when it happens it sustains me for the rest of the day. How sometimes your hand upon my heart is my hand. Just: thank you for the simple fact of your radiance and fearlessness. There is no prison sentence worse than being embarrassed simply to exist. Thank you for helping me to regain the sentinel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home