Just Clearing My Head

...

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

How To Fight Loneliness.

Jeff Tweedy says:
Just smile all the time.

All those people in that waiting room in sandusky the other night making jokes and small talk and the kid with the ten gallon cowboy hat cuts through the only moment of silence, "who's to say what normal is? I think the normal people are really the crazy ones." Does everyone think that? Definitions become so tenuous; crazy, sane, normal, happy, bad, none of it means anything anyhow.

He's a brick, drowning me, down to the bottom. It takes such a large chunk of my brain that I feel like a stranger in my own head.

You know it's all beginning
to feel like pretending
no love's as random,,,
I can't stand it.

He says forever
to light a fuse
We could use
A hand full of wheel
And a day off
And a bruised road
However you might feel,
Tonight is real.

When I forget how to talk I freeze
won't you please
Bring that flash to shine
And turn my eyes red
Unless they close
when you click
And my face gets sick
stuck.
Like a question unposed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home