Just Clearing My Head

...

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Do I Have What I Need...

Double standards.

Thinking about Wittgenstein and his admonition that we must stop thinking of the mind as a little man within. I am tired of having to play a certain part in order to be accepted. I am tired of the look with trepidation and much talking behind it. I am weary, and my head wants a rest. We cannot stack ourselves up like Mah Jong tiles and compare, compare. There is no high water mark for any of this [life.] As soon as you stick your hand in the river to retrieve something you saw glinting in the sun, it's an entirely new universe. Constant motion forward.

I remember the day that Anne and Pat graduated from Evergreen. Anne accused me of losing some CD of Patrick's, and without even asking me any questions about it, demanded that I buy a new one. Two weeks later they found the CD in the wrong jewel case and I only heard about it from a third party. We are not always at our best. Perfection is a myth, and the goal is just to keep learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home