Just Clearing My Head

...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I can't believe I didn't realize this sooner.

Shutter priority mode takes the user defined shutter speed as static, and determines aperture setting accordingly. So if you know that you want your shutter speed to be, say, 1/500, to capture a drop of water making contact with the surface of something, set your camera to "S" and set the shutter to 500. Your camera will determine the aperture you need for the lighting conditions. (gasp!)

Aperture priority mode works exactly the same way. If you know what level of background detail you want, set the aperture and click your mode over to "A." The camera will determine the shutter speed from here.

Everybody go buy a Nikon. Oh, I recently got a wide angle lens for a present (18-35mm.) I can't remember being this excited about a present. It's like being a kid and getting that coveted Thundercats Lionel action figure, and waking up every few hours at night just to look at it, to remember that it's yours, it's beautiful, and it's yours! Yeah. And imagining all of the fun you're going to have with it. As soon as I locate the scanner in this building, get ready for some cool ass lookin' weird wide angle pixures to appear on this blog. Not that anyone is reading..! ::Yoda voice:: But you will be.... you..... will be......

And my flash bracket is almost complete, so as soon as it gets warmer get ready for some cool ass lookin' weird moth pixures. Yeah, you like it. Photography is a drug. Don't start unless you have free access to lots of cool and varied gear, cause otherwise you're going to end up spending a LOT of money. As I was hunting around for pictures last Saturday, I realized that I had around $2,000 worth of gear strapped to me. I started looking at all passersby with the "shifty-eye" after this realization was made.

I move into the new place on Friday. I hate moving, but this place is going to rock. Send me your fortitude and "staving off the crankiness of moving" vibes that afternoon. A few coronas and an evening barbecue wouldn't hurt either, heh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home