Just Clearing My Head

...

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Late.

I keep having these startling moments of clarity. Walking into work today and my stomach plummets just to be there and I start sinking into the negative thought patterns. Had a voicemail from your boss on my phone wanting to know when you'd be back. And last night when we talked you said "so should I try calling work tomorrow," your round-about way of asking me to do it for you. Like a storm cloud, it just overtakes you. Can't get it out of my head.

But then I realized all of a sudden like just choosing to be smarter than that, none of this is my creation. I want something more, so that's what I'm going to get. Simple as that. I'm not going to languish going down these old roads with you because I'm just not going to go. I don't really care that you want me to. I'm going... my way. And I don't want you to come with me. Sorry. There is something amazing just around the corner, and I'm almost there, and I'll arrive on my own. I did the best that I could for you, and now I'm going to be very selfish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home