Just Clearing My Head

...

Friday, October 08, 2004

Just

What they tell me is that it looks good for Libby, it's only between her and Beth. And with Beth they're afraid that there would be issues with her being Jacquie's best friend. Keeping the fingers crossed.

My head feels hollow or something; drained, a tad uninspired, a tad lethargic. It's gorgeous outside and I feel foolish for being here. But. There is work to be done, and only for a short while longer.

Excitement. I feel excited about my new job in a way that I've never felt about a job before. It's going to be challenging, and difficult, and I have a feeling it'll involve lots of learning-as-I-go. Detective stylee. All the elements that I've longed for. Yeah and .. yeah! I was hoping that writing would help get my juices going, but it's just not happening. There is a layer of wet cotton surrounding my brain. My fingers ache and there is no breath to my voice. I'm not returning any of the phone calls, or petulant requests, as of now I'm on holiday and won't return until god knows when. There is a little island in the center of my solar plexus and I'm sitting on the beach drinking whiskey and cursing, for no apparent reason. And smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home