Just Clearing My Head

...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Maybe She Not Like Her Life Mang.

She makes me sick, the physical fact of her presence repulses me and this negative spiral that she catalyzes so many times throughout the day has caused me to become quite grizzled indeed. Today I would keep good company with Akaky Akakyevich, I think. Dreams aren't what they used to be. Smile like you mean it. I spent several hours coming up with a list of ways to celebrate this agency's 50th Anniversary, including how much I figured each idea would cost; she spent 5 minutes going through the list and telling me why certain things were a waste of money, and why other things were estimated incorrectly.

Ba'al put crowbars into my life for a reason.

I have to tell you a secret. For the past several days I have been thinking of loading up the car with what I can salvage, selling the rest, and heading out West without a script, without a reason, without a rhyme. And it's not that I've grown sick of Oberlin or the people I know here, but I do feel that I need more shiver in my timbers, more dragons to contend with. I could find it here if I really wanted to, but Olympia grows lovelier in my homesick eye with each passing moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home