Just Clearing My Head

...

Friday, December 31, 2010

Your Ghost.

I woke up from it, and it made me sick to my stomach to think what I had been dreaming about with the love of my life laying there, next to me. A nightmare. He was drunk, like always, but the pig-faced girl was there. We were in the old house on Vine Street, and I felt so out of place, like always. He was walking around the house it was three o'clock in the morning I had been trying to sleep, they were laughing about something I was not privy to. A secret party where I was the butt of the joke. Just like it always was. And awake from the dream I looked over my shoulder and saw him laying there, sleeping so soundly, my prince, my king. I wish I could stop having those dreams. I wish I could just really get past it. And please don't get me wrong, it is definitely not that I would ever go back there, down that road of dust and bones and of dying. The world is certainly brighter now. It's just I guess that the feeling of failure is so final. There is not a hole in my heart where he used to be, nor have I filled it in a vain effort to replace him. There is hate in that spot. I don't have a problem with it, the hate. I would love the opportunity to knock his teeth down his throat, but I would give anything to make the dreams stop.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Dreams point to unresolved problems.
    You have to dig the problem and not try to escape it by hatred.
    In short, look in the eyes of the monster.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sara Katherine said…

    Loved your post. It can be hard to move past things soemtimes. I understand. Well written though.

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger travelagentdelhi said…

    Worry has never brightened a day, solved a problem, or cured a disease.

    http://www.myindiatrip.in/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home