Just Clearing My Head

...

Friday, August 13, 2004

I Was Politicking At Murray's Cheese Shop

Believe what you heard, when ya talk.

So, basically. The only redeeming part of Old School is a line coined by Luke Wilson... "I feel more like myself than I have in I can't remember how long..."

What's with all this twin stuff going on lately? Chunky in Gibsons (or on the corner everyday after work) announcing my birth status. Jeff with that deer caught in the headlights look. It's like being in high school again or something, when people would simply call us "jindra," as though that would somehow suffice, as though Anne and I are necessarily different or anomalistic because we came from the same zygote. Yes, we're both different, and anomalies, but this has nothing to do with our being twins. Ah well. I'm that freak from cirque de soliel, with my leg behind my head and a rhyme to say...

But, this is all so far from what I had intended to say. There is so much substance, there is so much grey matter kicking around in my head and I absolutely revel in it. He comes into my work, looks for me with dogged determination, I have no idea what to make of this. Look for the steep mountain pass if you want into my world. Longing glances and ambiguous conversation will supply you with no shortcut. Diamond earrings and all of that bling bling will only set you back. I am in no hurry, Sisyphus, you just keep rolling that boulder. Monday. I had hoped that by this evening I would be saying to myself, "well, you're through it, then." Monday. What will you say? (When I already know the answer.) When the pawn hits the conflicts he thinks like a King...

Tooth and nail lately. Such a good thing for me right now, so many surface layers have been excoriated, and the rawness has become new flesh faster than I had imagined possible. The journey is far from over, but I've discovered this powerful weapon that never runs out of ammunition [so i'm ready for war] The M-L-E. Where you been, girl?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home