Just Clearing My Head

...

Thursday, November 04, 2004

Just So Blah.

IQ results: 133 and I'm characterized as a "visual mathematician." How strange. However, this is a number (the 133) that I will be brandishing with all the regularity that was to be found when the “youth” vote was mentioned, and Dubya would trot out his twins.

Except I’m just messing, and he was serious.

Today I truly want to do just nothing. Just putz around. Watch movies. Read my book. Lie in bed some more. It’s never an option on the days that you want it with every fiber in your being! This is perhaps the most mundane blog entry I’ve ever created. I’m tired in my bones. I really feel what Epictetus was getting at when he said, “a little wisp of a soul carrying around a corpse.” Heavy. Languid. Not cantankerous. Edgy. Will run in the grey and the mud and the muck. Will look forward to tomorrow. And five minutes from now. There is this sense of newness. Adventure. Clarity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home