Just Clearing My Head

...

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The River Churns Momentarily.

His spirit is a muted sore, and I amble around it – afraid to cause aggravation by coming too close to the parts that have been rubbed raw. At times I feel myself playing limbo under the shallow stick of his practiced standoffishness – there exists a break wall that I can’t see around, that I can’t figure out how to scale. Petulantly I attempt to conjure the words behind his eyes; I am in search of the frightful and timid ones that haven’t yet made their way to verbalization. I lay awake in my bed at night thinking about it, and in the morning I ask myself: when will the break wall be obliterated? The question never finds itself an answer, and at dawn I had a spirit so dead that the people passing on the street took no notice of me.

Shortly: An understanding. Or an ending.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger euc said…

    If only human beings were as straight forward as bricks and mortar! It can be difficult to figure out just where to place that first sledgehammer blow.

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger bava said…

    It doesn't particularly sound like it's your wall. And I don't recommend taking a sledge to someone else's wall either. You end up with bricks falling on your head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home