Just Clearing My Head

...

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I Must Break You.

I went for a super long run last night, through the warm and exciting air that invades Oberlin in the summer. There's some electricity to it that defies explanation. When I say super long, I mean that I was shocked and amazed at the endurance with which my feet kept pounding out their prehistoric drum beat on the asphalt and tall grass lawns. I kept thinking to myself, "I run because I want to beat my body, and make it my slave." The Jesus (tm) abs (this is a term coined by anne) are coming back, last night I could feel their strength fueling my legs' determination. I ran past the house where I used to see Jaco's Ghost and thought how cyclical and beautiful and wonderful things can be. This post is in tribute to summer, and all the cool stuff I'm going to get accomplished. And to the sweet ass vein that bulges out of my forearm of late, pulsing with all of its diesel-like goodness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home