Just Clearing My Head

...

Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Color Red

"I'm not always as sure of myself as I seem," this, to me, has always been one of the most poignant moments in The Royal Tennenbaums.

I have been feeling life crush down around me in so many ways lately. Depression. And then he leaves a message after message with that voice so little and afraid and alone and terrible, Can You Just Call Me Back. Been Feeling Low. Falling Apart. There is still such a huge part of me that wishes I could take care of you, everythingisgonnabeok.

I wish it was easier to just not care if you ever did anything with your life. There is some part of me that is kittied up to your stability. I want to see you make it. Why do you keep falling down, tripping over your own feet? I think about your future and I feel a deep dark cancer snaking its way out, all the way down. The world breaks everyone.

Zeus,
bring down the rains
on the land and the fields of athens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home